Weather expectations over the next couple of days:
As you will be aware from local and national forecasts we are expecting potentially difficult weather conditions again tomorrow and Friday. Clearly no decision to close the school can be made until we know what weather actually arrives however there are some simple steps we would like to put in place to help manage the situation.
As it stands we currently plan to be open on Thursday and Friday. However for THURSDAY owing to the continuing freezing temperature with expected snow and ice on the ground, there will be a LATE start to school. Registration will be at 9:40am and Lesson 2 for ALL students at 9:55. This will allow staff and students with longer journeys to school more time to complete them safely.
Students are also not expected to wear school uniform but should wear suitable warm clothing and firm grip shoes.
We will keep you informed through the usual channels if the situation changes further including our expectations for Friday uniform and the school starting time.
Kind regards, Mr Whitehead